Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Ha! Life, I sneer at your getting in the way of my knitting.

Well, I try to anyway. Still need to finish James' boot socks. Or he will cry.
Finally cast on for Thalia, my test-knit. I decided since I have so much on my plate right now and I am a notoriously slow knitter, to go ahead and do the alternative ribbing pattern. The slightly more casual look will suit my needs in the end more than the arrow rib, gorgeous as it may be.
So I'm in the thick of the ribbing. The pattern so far is pretty simple, I find myself liking the way it's written. Reads a little different than most commercial patterns I've used, but it's a very common-sense way of writing. Dig that.
The yarn? Picked the Hempathy and I'm not so sure what I think of it now. It knits up beautifully but it doesn't feel so nice as you're working with it. Kinda scratchy in places.
And the transfer news came in yesterday. Wasn't what we were hoping for. We were both pulling really hard for Washington, which would have put us right outside the Seattle area. Someone else got the position. Monday there will be new requesitions in, but we're not getting our hopes up. If nothing comes in worth sitting around another month to hear about, he's going to put in for the instructor position in upstate New York. Which would have us moving to upstate New York in December/January.
Sweaters. Hats. Mittens. Gloves. As soon as I have some free needles, it's time for some practical knitting.
Ugh. And with all the toy recalls, time for some toy knitting too. I'm queueing up all the toy patterns I can find on Ravelry. Any crochet ones will be sent to my mother along with yarn and stuffing. I'm done with worrying about lead painted toys. Seriously.

2 comments:

Lystessa said...

Come to NC instead! I'll drag you to my knitting group if you come live in Raleigh. :^)

Semiquasime said...

I wish we had that much say in the matter! :)
I can honestly say, as little as I like living in the south, that I have always liked NC, and I've never heard a bad thing about Raleigh. It always ends up on those ten best places lists you see.