Friday, August 31, 2007

Goals:

I have a problem. I acquire materials with no specific purpose for them. I start projects and start projects and start projects. I lose tools and patterns. I am beyond unorganized. With the tax return this year I attempted to begin organizing myself because this is a true passion for me. I want to take this and make it into something that can work for me in terms of a career, one way or another. If we transfer to Washington I am enrolling in a Fiber Arts program. Whether I design, write, edit, or work at/own a shop...this is what I love. So it's time for some discipline.
I have an ever-growing queue on Ravelry. I buy a new pattern book or magazine at least once a month. It's bordering on compulsive.
Time to set some goals.
1. I want to finish James' boot socks by Monday, so he can wear them to duty.
2. I want to spend at least half an hour a day working on Thalia. I swatched today and got near-perfect gauge. I love the yarn and I think the color and pattern are going to look fabulous on me. I almost never knit anything for myself anymore and I deserve it.
3. Sylvia needs two warm hats by October. One pretty hat with some cables and one funny hat with earflaps, I think. And nubbins or horns. Something bizarre.
4. James deserves a sweater by our anniversary. So by January.
5. A fancy pair of socks for myself by November.
6. A doll and a stuffed animal for Sylvia by Christmas.
7. A worsted weight wrap/shawl for my mother by Valentine's Day.
8. One heavy sweater for each of us before the transfer. (next summer-ish)

I will be coming back and editing this post as I think of more things to add.

No comments: